Stony Brook Scientific Ltd.
viscometers are helping measure today's most challenging
viscosities and fluid properties.
Accurate, reliable and cost-effective measurements of
viscosities and other fluid properties are essential in
product R&D and quality control.
Stony Brook Scientific Ltd. Falling Needle Viscometer can
measure viscosity and other fluid properties of adhesives,
aerosols, automobile fluids, blood, biomaterials, coal
slurries, coatings, colloids, cosmetics, creams, dairy
products, detergents, dispersions, emulsions, fertilizers,
foams, fuels, gels, grease, honey, inks, ketchup, latex,
lubricants, mayonnaise, milk, oils, ointments, paints,
petroleum, polymers, proteins, pulp, resins, shampoos,
slurries, soaps, solutions, surfactants, suspensions,
varnish and many more fluids.
Advantages of the
Falling Needle Viscometer:
- No calibration required (uses gravity)
- Accurate (better than 1%)
- Largest viscosity range (0.1 to 108
- No moving parts except a needle
- Disposable (no sample contamination)
- Simple operation
- Easy, accurate and multiple (9) sample
- Extremely low shear rate (yield stress
and zero shear rate viscosity measurements)
- Simultaneous measurement of viscosity
and density for Newtonian and Non-Newtonian power law
- Relative particle settling measurement
- Relaxation time measurement (time
- Minimal disturbance of sample's
mechanical structure and particle size distribution
with gentle needle passage and undisturbed sample near
the bottom tip of the needle
For help with your viscosity application, contact
a Stony Brook Scientific representative today!